- TODA.Network has a very strong competitor in its field - Bloxroute.
- The intended throughput of the protocol is unclear. - It is unclear how both decentralization and security will be achieved, along with high scalability. - The team claims that the project was founded in 2015. However, the first traces that were discovered date back to November 2016. - The last GitHub commit was made more than a year ago. - The roadmap is not available now. - The company is registered at the same address as PrivacyShell - the previous company of the founders.
- The information about the fees calculation algorithm is unclear.
- Token metrics are to be announced.
- The roles in the project of "Honorary Founding Members" and "Executive Team" are unclear. - The team is scattered around San Francisco Bay Area and Ontario, Canada. - Several founding members do not mention Toda.Network as a workplace on Linkedin.
The development of the blockchain technology has made considerable progress in the last few years. However, issues of transaction speed and transaction costs prevent blockchain technology from becoming mainstream. The current low capacity of the main blockchain protocols and cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum), more specifically 10-30 transactions per second (TPS), cannot cover the world's commerce anytime. In contrast, Visa claims to have 56,000 TPS on its network, while Alipay has achieved 200,000 peaks TPS in November 2017. The scalability problem of the current blockchain-based systems poses significant limits for their extensive applications. How to scale up blockchain TPS without compromising its security and decentralisation remains elusive. To solve this problem, several projects have already launched the alternative protocols that aim to increase the throughput of the blockchain protocols significantly. Most of them focused on the development of solutions for the semantic layer (or the first layer) of the blockchain. The list of these projects includes EOS, Quarkchain, Ziliqa, Alza, Hedera, and many others. Only two projects are currently working on the scalable solutions for the transfer (or the zero) layer. In this field, TODA.Network has only one competitor - BloxRoute. BloxRoute is backed by a strong team of scientists, and its advisory board includes AngelList co-founder - Naval Ravikant. Overall, the scalable protocols for dApss gain sizeable public attention during token sales and have comparably high ROI's. However, competition in this sphere of blockchain is more severe than in others, so it has to be taken into consideration.
Toda network develops a transport layer (zero layers) protocol. There are mainly two layers in each blockchain that can be scaled. The zero layer or the transport layer, and the first layer. Most of the projects aim to scale the first layer, while Toda wants to increase the speed of delivering blocks. The Toda Tree is a binary search tree fully saturated with 256 levels. According to the company's website, there are 13 projects currently developing apps on top of TODA.Network protocol. The GitHub activity started around April 2017, and since then it was a little progress made, according to the GitHub. The last commit was made more than a year ago. The code is mainly written in Ruby. However, it might be the case that the development will be published only at the later stages. There were found several whitepaper drafts that date back to June 2017. The roadmap is not available now.
Toda will earn by collecting transaction fees from the protocol users. The information about the fees calculation algorithm is unclear.
Token metics are to be announced.
According to TODA.Network website, there are 6 people currently on the team. The core team consists of strong specialists with a technical background. The team comes from PrivacyShell - blockchain advisory & startup factory firm. PrivacyShell previously created TodaProtocol - a scalable blockchain protocol that allows 3M+ TPS. The CEO was previously on board as a CTO at several tech companies in Silicon Valley that include WhoKnows(~100 employees, Raised $4.8M), ACM(~600 employees), Akatoo inc. The CTO is currently employed as CTO at PrivacyShell(14 employees). He previously founded Daimio - a language for building programmable web applications, worked as CTO at Bento Box - IT Consulting agency. Toda.Network has a strong partnership with Algorand which was made back in July 2017.